Since I was on the road, I didn’t blog last week, so here’s a quick catch-up:
– Tue, Jun 16: I’m co-teaching a Sports Leadership Management class in Georgetown University’s Sports Industry Management Masters program. It’s a bit different teaching grad students vs the undergrad seniors I teach during the spring semesters. But, similarly to the undergrads, the grad students have been terrific thus far … very interactive and engaged in the class. I’m enjoying it very much thus far.
– Thu, Jun 18: I went back to one of my favorite cities, Montreal, for a couple of days. I’m continuing to work on sharpening the business plan for my new sports strategic advisory firm, JLynn Associates. My friend, Rob, has been terrific in helping me with the branding and positioning of my new business. Hopefully, I’ll be able to launch a web site soon for the business (hopefully sometime in July).
– Fri, Jun 19: Montreal is such a great city … only a 75-minute flight from DC. It definitely has a European flavor. And, I love Old Montreal – it’s one of my favorite parts of town. And, eating at Garde Manger is a must!
– Sat, Jun 20: Back in DC. I went to a superb b-day party for Jarvis Stewart at the House of Sweden. The HOS is a great, great venue for a party — located on the water right next to the Georgetown Harbour. The party was full of great friends, a good meal and hours of dancing and fun.,
– Sun, Jun 21: Ugh, somehow got up at 7:00 am to play baseball at 8:00 am. Not wise on limited sleep – yes, I missed a fly ball in CF in the 1st inning. LOL. But, once I started to sweat it out, things got much better. But, we lost our play-off game and the spring season over. Time to go home and watch the US Open on the couch on Sunday afternoon! I did take a break to run over to Arlington National Cemetery to pay respects and wish Happy Father’s Day to my Dad. Love you, Dad. Miss you.
– Mon, Jun 22: I went back to AOL for the first time since I left in late March. I gave a presentation to the interns — on the Dulles campus as well as ones who tele-conferenced in from the NY and Baltimore offices. I love talking and sharing tips and advice with the younger generation.